All About Me :)

My photo
I was born in Sitka, Alaska in 1983. My parents divorced when I was 5, and I spent my childhood and teens moving back and forth between parents. So, I grew up in Anchorage, Sitka, and Juneau. But, I call Sitka home. I graduated in 2000. I should have gone to college - but didn't. I met my husband in 2002, let him marry me in 2003 :), and had a daughter with him in 2004. She is the pure JOY in our lives. My husband is AD in the United States Coast Guard. This means that life is never boring, and if it is- hey! we get to move every 3 or 4 years. He is currently a DC (Damage Controlman) 2nd class - working on making 1st class. You can also find me on myspace.com/alaskanprincess

22 January, 2009

What's That Whole Thing About Patience...?

Something about it being a virtue? Well, I don't have it.

When I was at the OB's clinic on Tuesday, I had explained to him that I hadn't started my period and I was well overdue for it. I also explained to him that for SOME unknown reason, both my pregnancy tests at home AND the ones at the clinic were always pulling up -'s in the past, only for a + to be confirmed by the blood test.
Now when these were done, my HCG levels were still in the 100's. So even the weakest of tests should have detected the hormones and pulled up a +.
For some reason, nope.

So frustrating. The most basic test, one I can buy and administer myself, isn't reliable for me. It's enough to make me pull my goddamn hair out.

Anyways, he decides to have me leave them some urine to test anyways. This would make it test #3 in 24 hours (I took 2 at home). Surprise surprise, it pulled up a -.
Well, he decides that along with my prescription for Clomid, he's going to write me a script for Provera , to basically start my period for me.

After I left the office, I was a bit frustrated, and while driving home I placed a call to the Greenville Clinic here. I asked them to squeeze me in for a blood test, which they did. So I hauled tail to the office, and was once AGAIN asked to pee in a damn cup after explaining AGAIN that they aren't reliable for me.
It's like.... everyone nods and smiles while the patient is talking, and then proceeds on with whatever they want to. Like they don't even HEAR me.
So then, after I asked the NP to sit down (she was standing by the dor talking to me the whole time) I explained to her, briefly, what the situation was.
It was like a light went on in her head. She shared with me that she understood, that she used to work in an OB clinic. She knew how frustrating it could be.
Until I asked her to sit down, I honestly don't think she was listening to me. I'm sure she HEARD me, but she wasn't LISTENING.
So, in the end I got my blood drawn, and am waiting for a call from the Greenville Clinic with the results. It should be sometime this afternoon.

If I'm not pregnant, it's alright. I just can't take that Provera without knowing FOR SURE whether I'm pregnant or not. I know I would always wonder, and it'd kill me.

After I get my results I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I feel more pressure each day because we're going to be leaving soon, and I won't have ACCESS to people with Infertility knowledge like I do down here.
I need someone to start helping me find answers, and quickly.

3 comments:

Cirrus said...

(((HUGS))
I'm so happy that someone finally listened to you, even if you did have to make her do so. I think about you ever day, with lots of love and hopes for answers.

Sambalina said...

Good for you for being assertive. I know it sucks that you have to.. I hope you can find someone who can help you.

(hug)

Walking in the NorthWoods said...

Lots of hugs and vibes coming your way. Thinking of you!