All About Me :)

My photo
I was born in Sitka, Alaska in 1983. My parents divorced when I was 5, and I spent my childhood and teens moving back and forth between parents. So, I grew up in Anchorage, Sitka, and Juneau. But, I call Sitka home. I graduated in 2000. I should have gone to college - but didn't. I met my husband in 2002, let him marry me in 2003 :), and had a daughter with him in 2004. She is the pure JOY in our lives. My husband is AD in the United States Coast Guard. This means that life is never boring, and if it is- hey! we get to move every 3 or 4 years. He is currently a DC (Damage Controlman) 2nd class - working on making 1st class. You can also find me on myspace.com/alaskanprincess

20 June, 2008

The List So Far:

Did some looking around and talking with DH. We know that these places might change after transfer season, but... here they are, in no particular order:

LIST FOR 2ND CLASS BILLETS:
Yorktown, VA
Ilwaco, WA
Portland,OR
South Portland, ME
Tok, AK
Astoria, OR
Rockland,ME
Warrenton, OR
Kodiak, AK

LIST FOR 1ST CLASS BILLETS:
Aguidilla, PR
Nerport, RI
Honolulu, HI (CGC Walnut)
North Bend, OR
Humbolt Bay, CA
Port Angeles, WA
Kapolei, HI (Air Station)
Old San Juan, PR



Thoughts?????????????????

3 comments:

Amber said...

My BFF, chrissymike on CC's, is in Aguadilla right now. It's beautiful there but VERY hard to thrust yourself into an area where you don't speak the language. (kinda like where you are now. ROFL!)

I think North Bend and Humboldt are both beautiful areas!

Good luck with the waiting game!

Sambalina said...

Anywhere near Florida! lol So we can meet.

We are supposed to move there next year for an early transfer. (hopefully).

But really I don't have any opinions except for Yorktown. We lived about an hour north of there. Yorktown and Williamsburg are great areas. I wish we could have gotten stationed there.

Good Luck!!

JulieAnn said...

Great lists! I don't think you could go wrong with any of them :) I haven't lived in any of those places - yet, but most of them sound like places I'd like to live...