All About Me :)

My photo
I was born in Sitka, Alaska in 1983. My parents divorced when I was 5, and I spent my childhood and teens moving back and forth between parents. So, I grew up in Anchorage, Sitka, and Juneau. But, I call Sitka home. I graduated in 2000. I should have gone to college - but didn't. I met my husband in 2002, let him marry me in 2003 :), and had a daughter with him in 2004. She is the pure JOY in our lives. My husband is AD in the United States Coast Guard. This means that life is never boring, and if it is- hey! we get to move every 3 or 4 years. He is currently a DC (Damage Controlman) 2nd class - working on making 1st class. You can also find me on myspace.com/alaskanprincess

09 July, 2008

When Answers Just Lead To More Questions...

That's pretty much where I'm at right now. Russ spoke with his detailer a few days ago and got some guidance and questions answered. It's left me with a handful of other questions though.
Beh.
What we do know is that we will be compiling a dreamsheet from 2nd class billets. If (when) he makes 1st (he's on the Nov. Servicewide) we'll be taking the chance on short touring.
Right now, our top two picks are one of the LORAN stations, and Astoria Oregon.

The LORAN is what we talk about the most, since we feel it's a bigger decision that needs to be basically talked to death before we decide a yes, or a no.
The problem - if it really even IS a problem - is that from where we are now, ANYTHING looks good. Just as long as we get the hell OUT.

Doing a LORAN is something we know we're strong enough for, and puts us directly back in teh State that we want to be in. Then again, I fell in love with Astoria when I was on vacation one summer while I was 16. I've always wanted to go back.

I don't think we'll go wrong either way, but I'm one big ball of "I don't know". Just ask Amber, who has to listen to my incessant whining ;) *hugs*

I'm up (down?) for anyone's thoughts here..

2 comments:

Sambalina said...

Good Luck girl.

I told DH to get me the hell out of here so I can go to school! We only have 4 other stations to choose from.

I know you will make the right decision. And if you ever want to vent about how much you hate where you at, I'm here. I despise Elizabeth City. (sigh)

The Little Wife said...

It's so hard when dreamsheet time rolls around. It's exciting but nerve-wracking nontheless. Good luck!