All About Me :)

My photo
I was born in Sitka, Alaska in 1983. My parents divorced when I was 5, and I spent my childhood and teens moving back and forth between parents. So, I grew up in Anchorage, Sitka, and Juneau. But, I call Sitka home. I graduated in 2000. I should have gone to college - but didn't. I met my husband in 2002, let him marry me in 2003 :), and had a daughter with him in 2004. She is the pure JOY in our lives. My husband is AD in the United States Coast Guard. This means that life is never boring, and if it is- hey! we get to move every 3 or 4 years. He is currently a DC (Damage Controlman) 2nd class - working on making 1st class. You can also find me on myspace.com/alaskanprincess

02 May, 2009

Thanking My Lucky Stars <3

pregnancy due date

(this has been CC&P'd from a forum I'm on)

Soooooo......
I went in today for a follow up with my OB because of the ER appointment.

The nurse comes in, and I'm thinking "oh, REAL sensitive of you" because she had brought a doppler and some pregnancy informational books with her.
Then she asks me "so, when did you find out you were pregnant?" and I tell her it was last week, then I tell her about my fun little trait of not having urine tests work for me.
She's kind of laughing as she pulls out those round dial things, you know, the ones that tell you how far along you are, and when you're due, etc.
She then asks me "when was the first day of your last period?", as I start to answer it kinda hits me where this is going...so...
I ask her (after I pick my jaw up off the floor) "are you trying to tell me that my urine test was POSITIVE?"
She starts giggling and says "oh yes, it's most definitely positive".

At this point I begin to start sobbing and it startles her a bit, she asks if I'm ok and I tell her "someone's GOT to tell me what's going on! I'm not leaving here until I know!"
She's totally confused...
I tell her about my ER trip, what the ER doctor told me, and that I was told the pregnancy isn't viable because of my low HCG numbers.

Apparently the gal who I made the appointment with didn't tell her all of this.

(When I called to make the appointment, the gal who I talked to was PISSING me off. She was talking over me, and not listening to what I was saying. After I tell her about the ER trip, and the fact that I haven't started bleeding... that I'd like to be seen so I can have some sort of timeline before I need to look in to a D&C. Her reply to that was "So you're not bleeding?"... I say "no, I'm not" and she says back to me "oh honey, that's a GOOD thing, you're not supposed to bleed when you're pregnant."
NO shit?!?! So anyways... she wasn't listening to a damn word I was saying. I had to call Julie and vent so I didn't behead the lady at the office LOL)


So, the nurse says she'd like to go talk to the doctor before we do anything else. She leaves and talks to him. Comes back and hands be a gown (yay...) and tells me the doctor wants to come in and examine me, and ask me more about the ER visit.
He comes in, I give him the run down of the ER fiasco. Give him my LMP, and the dates that I took my Clomid on. Then I get my exam.
In short, he tells me that we're proceeding with this as a normal pregnancy. He said my uterus is slightly enlarged, my cervix is that of a pregnant woman, and he believes my "leftover" pregnancy symptoms aren't "leftover" at all, they're right on track and completely normal.

I'm scheduled for an ultrasound on the 13th - so please, please, please... send me all the sticky dust you've got. I need this lil one to make it. It's been a HARD 2 1/2 years. Sticky vibes, and "see the heartbeat on the monitor in two weeks" vibes please!!!

On a kind of silly note, I'm also tickled pink because POAS'ing has worked for me this time. It NEVER had before... I know it's a little thing, but it still makes me giggle to see those two lines show up.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh Roni! That's great news! I'm sending you all the sticky vibes ever!

Shady Bradys said...

Congrats! Yay! You're in my prayers and... sticky vibes, sticky vibes, sticky vibes, heart beat on the monitor vibes, sticky vibes, sticky vibes, etc. Keep us all updated!