All About Me :)

My photo
I was born in Sitka, Alaska in 1983. My parents divorced when I was 5, and I spent my childhood and teens moving back and forth between parents. So, I grew up in Anchorage, Sitka, and Juneau. But, I call Sitka home. I graduated in 2000. I should have gone to college - but didn't. I met my husband in 2002, let him marry me in 2003 :), and had a daughter with him in 2004. She is the pure JOY in our lives. My husband is AD in the United States Coast Guard. This means that life is never boring, and if it is- hey! we get to move every 3 or 4 years. He is currently a DC (Damage Controlman) 2nd class - working on making 1st class. You can also find me on myspace.com/alaskanprincess

19 April, 2009

Not So Springy...

Is it just me, or does it seem like Spring is the season to get pregnant?
Kinda feels like people are popping up out of everywhere announcing their pregnancy. I'm neutral on this, one of those "happy for them, sad for me" deals.

I have decided that this is my last month I'm taking Clomid. It's been a long 2 1/2 years, and Clomid is just too freakin' hard. If I'm pregnant this month, that is of course wonderful... and if I'm not, I'll move ahead with my plans on going to school.

DH and I have really discussed adoption, and taken a few preparation courses online. After a few calls, we found out there isn't much we can do to get started on it down here. We have to wait until we've got an Alaska address.

I jumped the gun and took a pregnancy test this morning, of course it was negative and I'm sure you all know how GREAT of a mood that can put a person in.
I've decided that I'm not going to do another thing until the 1st of the month. If the 1st rolls around and AF doesn't show, I'll just go in for bloodwork.
It's kind of a self preservation thing, because if I don't find out, and by some chance I AM pregnant but miscarry early (like the past two times) then I can spare my heart and just tell myself it was a late period.

It's gettin' down to the time to be leaving here!! I'm so excited! I know how some people just love the south, I however am not one of them. In a little over a month, I'll be saying goodbye to Greenville and I am ecstatic. This place just has too many bad memories for me, among other things.
I'll be spending time in Sitka, and in Juneau. And no Leese, I'm not posting the dates!!! (I'm surprising Lisa when I get in Sitka.... muah-ha-ha-ha!!)
It's going to be so awesome to see my family and friends. It's been a year and a half since I've been home.
Ryleigh and I will be visiting my family while he makes the drive from Gville to Bellingham WA to catch the ferry up to Juneau. Then, Ryleigh and I will be making the drive with him from Haines to Valdez, AK - where we'll meet Tanoi- and then hop the ferry to Cordova. It's gonna be one helluva long trip, but I know it's going to be a blast.
Ryleigh is excited for snow, or so she thinks. Most of what she knows as daily life is MS weather, hot and muggy. It's going to be a BIG weather adjustment for her up there. I'm sure once she sees that the other kids don't let the weather stop them from doing what they want to do, that she'll join in and be just fine :)

Hope all's well with you, been kinda quiet out there...

No comments: