All About Me :)

My photo
I was born in Sitka, Alaska in 1983. My parents divorced when I was 5, and I spent my childhood and teens moving back and forth between parents. So, I grew up in Anchorage, Sitka, and Juneau. But, I call Sitka home. I graduated in 2000. I should have gone to college - but didn't. I met my husband in 2002, let him marry me in 2003 :), and had a daughter with him in 2004. She is the pure JOY in our lives. My husband is AD in the United States Coast Guard. This means that life is never boring, and if it is- hey! we get to move every 3 or 4 years. He is currently a DC (Damage Controlman) 2nd class - working on making 1st class. You can also find me on myspace.com/alaskanprincess

29 February, 2008

My First Entry

This is just a brief blog - I'm sure more details will follow :)

Currently, DH and I are having trouble getting pregnant. I am 25, he is 29 and we've been trying for 2 years. We do presently have a daughter that was born in 2004 - so the comfort of knowing that we are capable of biologically making a child and I am capable of carrying it to term make me wonder - is it fair to say that we are having fertility issues?
Online I read over and over as if it's mocking me "fertility issues are when you fail to get pregnant after one year of unprotected, well times sex".
*throwing hands up in the air* Don't be afraid to make me feel a little more pressure guys!
When 18 months had passed, I made myself an appointment at the local clinic so that I could talk to someone about the length of time that had passed with no BFP. It was actually suprising to me because the first time DH and I got pregnant it was a little slip. It ended in a miscarriage at 9 weeks. We got pregnant with DD 4 months later. With everything I went thru with that miscarriage, and the sucessful carrying and birth of my daughter I thought I was out of those dark woods.
Lately though, I'm getting the feeling that I am not.
Back to the appointment at the clinic - I was a bit irritated when I found out I was speaking with a nurse practicioner. NOTHING against them - I just wanted to see a Doctor. She told me that the reason I was most likely not getting pregnant was because I was under the stress of being new to town. Now, while I can understand this to a certain point - it just doesn't make sense to me that it would prevent me from pregnancy for two years. Don't get me wrong, I have stress in my life - but not THAT much.
I'm confused on where to go from here.
~More Later

No comments: